NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by Revraiser Wed May 08, 2024 9:23 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Just got made redundant at work. Pretty shit news.....

.... for the rest of you, as that was presumably the only thing holding me back from winning Fantasy.

What's Ur role mate ? Was it totally out of the blue ?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 08, 2024 9:23 am

Tentative plan is Pap + Cheese to Armstrong + Fa'alogo.

Leaves enough money to buy anyone bar Hynes with trade 3. Who would you buy this close to Origin? Don't hate DiFi as a high ceiling POD. Or just bank the cash & trade for now?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 9:24 am

.... for the rest of you, as that was presumably the only thing holding me back from winning Fantasy.

Fuck mate, that's terrible news.  Did you see this coming?  Hopefully they leave you with a decent separation package to give you some buffer room to look for something else.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed May 08, 2024 9:25 am

Sorry to hear hope you got a decent pay out
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 08, 2024 9:25 am

I'm trying to make sense of that bench for Matterson. Does Carty come on for Lussick and play dummy half. Does he come on at edge for a middle and Matto moves to middle?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed May 08, 2024 9:25 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah it was him and Leota in the casualty ward, then Leota returned the next week and.. nothing. I'm pretending I traded in a guy who scored 35 in 37 mins and limped off, played injured again the next week for 37 in 35 mins and finally succumbed to the injury. What a battler, but time to go.

Haha we'll both trade him and he'll return rd12, put up a 70 and everyone will be trading him in as a gun rd13 mid.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 08, 2024 9:28 am

BCT05 wrote:Unsure on Papy replacement between Fa'a, Kiraz, TayMay or Drinkwater.

Fa'a would be nice for cash plus points if he can average 40 but also requires a trade back out in ~6 weeks(?) (Initial talk was 6-8wks from nrlphysio but storm have said 4-6 I think? Get the feeling it's certainly going to be longer than 4).

Kiraz and May could hopefully hang around in CTR all the way if needed. Particularly like Kiraz playing both 13+16.

Might be worth paying up for Drinky but only plays one of the major byes which becomes less ideal when paying 700k, and limits my second trade to Fainu instead of Matto.

I've currently landed on Drink, had a look this morning and his stats for a FB are insane, in terms of base/floor. Not really getting a discount but he's a clear gun

I don't really like buying any winger at Kiraz price, but that's on me. I miss some good ones... To'o a few years back, Marzhew and Isaako last year, maybe Isaako this year lol.

Kiraz a level up from TayMay IMO. Some will say he's bottomed out, but I don't know if he comes out of the bottom. Feel you are buying the guy for his long-term average. Too far out to consider it as a strictly R13 play IMO

Storm saying for 4-6 for Paps, if it's 4 you're only getting 3 games from Fa'a, more likely it's 6 weeks (5 games) but it's not like the guy is base price. Cash might move too slowly to justify the 2 trades.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 9:28 am

Loomer wrote:I'm trying to make sense of that bench for Matterson. Does Carty come on for Lussick and play dummy half. Does he come on at edge for a middle and Matto moves to middle?
    Hybrid role for Matto you reckon. 

Surely he is too good to be a low minute benchie
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 08, 2024 9:29 am

sorry to hear, hopefully you'll find something else soon
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 9:33 am

If I want Hynes this week then Faalogo is my only option as I need a WFB this week. Apart from Atkinson the options are a bit shit
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 08, 2024 9:37 am

BCT05 wrote:

Haha we'll both trade him and he'll return rd12, put up a 70 and everyone will be trading him in as a gun rd13 mid.

Yeah that's definitely in the back of my mind Laughing Ivan always taking the cautious approach with injuries and having depth and a system to just plug guys into makes me wary of continuing to hold. Even if back next week, he might only play 50 or so mins and I'm wondering why I bothered holding. He's becoming a bit less important for Rd 13 too after adding Plath and some wfb/hlf options in Weekes and Atkinson around.

Edit: Though I see your MID is light for Rd 13. I'm still holding May, Smithies and SHughes for now, so can see why you'd want to hold.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 am

robelgordo wrote:

I've currently landed on Drink, had a look this morning and his stats for a FB are insane, in terms of base/floor. Not really getting a discount but he's a clear gun

I don't really like buying any winger at Kiraz price, but that's on me. I miss some good ones... To'o a few years back, Marzhew and Isaako last year, maybe Isaako this year lol.

Kiraz a level up from TayMay IMO. Some will say he's bottomed out, but I don't know if he comes out of the bottom. Feel you are buying the guy for his long-term average. Too far out to consider it as a strictly R13 play IMO

Storm saying for 4-6 for Paps, if it's 4 you're only getting 3 games from Fa'a, more likely it's 6 weeks (5 games) but it's not like the guy is base price. Cash might move too slowly to justify the 2 trades.

Was leaning towards Fa'a but came to the same conclusion and luckily haven't jumped on Armstrong yet so i'll do that instead.

I'll save the premium option for when I dump Trbo over SOO (Have seen a fair bit of speculation that he misses out but everyone loves the brothers and will find a way to squeeze them in)

That leaves me enough to go the conservative Eisenhuth option for MID cover rather than the shirts off Matto option.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 am

robelgordo wrote:

I don't mind Drink, but his last fullback average from 22/23/24 is approx 50, which is exactly where he's priced. No value there. He also has a pretty crap bye schedule for a non-origin player.

Would be a season keeper though, so there's certainly some value in "another one to not worry about", especially in this kind of season.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 08, 2024 9:49 am

For clarity - upvoted the joke, not that you got paid out. Hope you're able to find something reasonably quick.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 08, 2024 9:53 am

Aardvark wrote:

Was leaning towards Fa'a but came to the same conclusion and luckily haven't jumped on Armstrong yet so i'll do that instead.

I'll save the premium option for when I dump Trbo over SOO (Have seen a fair bit of speculation that he misses out but everyone loves the brothers and will find a way to squeeze them in)

That leaves me enough to go the conservative Eisenhuth option for MID cover rather than the shirts off Matto option.

I can't come at Eisenhuth. I think being a Dragons fan is putting me off hahaha. Probably keeps plodding 45s and 50s in his HYBIRD role of MID/EDG/CTR though.

Absolute steal if anyone got him near R1
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 08, 2024 9:53 am

Reckon I've been talked into Matto.

1. Ranked really shit, so need to make some speculative trades with high upside.
    2. Hopgood pretty likely for origin, so Eels will need a lock for 13/19 - Matto fairly obvious replacement.
    3. I have Hopgood, so any injuries to the great man will surely benefit Matto.
    4. As a 50+ minute back rower, Matto is literally 300k undervalued.
    5. My spirit is broken and I feel compelled to go big or go home.

Papy > Garrick
    BS9 > Matto
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 08, 2024 10:03 am

Snatchpato wrote:Reckon I've been talked into Matto.

1. Ranked really shit, so need to make some speculative trades with high upside.
    2. Hopgood pretty likely for origin, so Eels will need a lock for 13/19 - Matto fairly obvious replacement.
    3. I have Hopgood, so any injuries to the great man will surely benefit Matto.
    4. As a 50+ minute back rower, Matto is literally 300k undervalued.
    5. My spirit is broken and I feel compelled to go big or go home.

Papy > Garrick
    BS9 > Matto

Looks pretty good to me assuming Matto holds the spot. Just need SWalker and Koro to fire and should score well with that 17. Also JBrailey to play 80 thanks.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 am

Not Fantasy, but nice article about Greg Inglis: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/may/08/greg-inglis-mental-health-retirement-interview-nrl-player
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 08, 2024 10:11 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Looks pretty good to me assuming Matto holds the spot. Just need SWalker and Koro to fire and should score well with that 17. Also JBrailey to play 80 thanks.
    🙏🙏🙏🙏
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 08, 2024 10:14 am

BCT05 wrote:Would like Matterson a lot more if he didn't get such poor minutes off the bench so far this year. Previous couple years his scoring off the bench was still very good so would be nice to have that to fall back to if Carty gets his spot back. If he keeps the starting edge spot he's a must have but we all know BA shenanigans and hard to trust him staying there. Will probably take the punt over Fainu.

Yeah, I am currently trading him in this week. He will get massive minutes over Origin and is just an injury or suspension away to any of Lane, Carty, Hopgood, RCG and Paulo from a big minute role as well. The key thing for me is that Tuilagi's minutes have fallen off a cliff, but had started the season getting almost 50 minutes a game. Seemed to be his main competition for minutes off the bench. Even if he has some weeks where he is getting 40 points in 40 minutes, that is where he is priced, with upside potential from there.

Filling both EDG and MID over origin is gold, especially if Crichton ends up being selected for Origin and my current EDG back up is Chan, with KPP missing in R11.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:56 pm