NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

RIP Australian Cricket

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

RIP Australian Cricket Empty RIP Australian Cricket

Post by dasherhalo Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:40 am

Perhaps concentrating a little too much on the $$$, and not as much on BEATING FUCKING BANGLADESH???????

I've got tickets to the Gabba. I'd sell 'em , but I don't think they'd be worth much.

I like Maxwell. But he should be shot after that ...
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

RIP Australian Cricket Empty Re: RIP Australian Cricket

Post by No Worries Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:40 am

To be fair on the dollarmites

We have removed pitches from the Australian landscape and have lifeless drop in cardboard cut outs leaving our batsman with no other skills than to hit a predictable bounce and movement all be it higher than most.

To further hamper their ability to call themselves batsmen we have this weird obsession that fast bowlers must be born from a cookie cutter

The Bangers are getting better and were going to win sooner than later

CA have dumbed down the general public to a point where runs are king and they accept the above scenarios (apart from losing to the Tigers).

The players are entitled to their fair share of revenue, so if CA have created an environment where a summer of home cricket where we are flat track bullies generates more $$$$ than most countries can dream of then the players who play their part deserve to be millionaires, regardless of what happens overseas while people are watching footy.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Yeah, the Bangas aren't easy beats anymore. They have a few players who would be playing national cricket in almost any country.

Add to NW comments about pitches and fast bowler paradigms, we went straight from Darwin to Asia and basically played right off the plane. We went well in India last tour because we went to Dubai for 2-3 weeks beforehand and got used to the conditions. Now that its (hopefully) out of our system for this tour, we'll win the next game handsomely.

And, to be fair, the pay dispute and strike wasn't about getting them more money, it was getting more money for Shield and female players - so the argument of "fucking idiots strike for a pay rise and then lose to Bangas" isn't totally correct.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:35 am

ryno_ wrote:Yeah, the Bangas aren't easy beats anymore. They have a few players who would be playing national cricket in almost any country.

Add to NW comments about pitches and fast bowler paradigms, we went straight from Darwin to Asia and basically played right off the plane. We went well in India last tour because we went to Dubai for 2-3 weeks beforehand and got used to the conditions. Now that its (hopefully) out of our system for this tour, we'll win the next game handsomely.

And, to be fair, the pay dispute and strike wasn't about getting them more money, it was getting more money for Shield and female players - so the argument of "fucking idiots strike for a pay rise and then lose to Bangas" isn't totally correct.

Agree with all of this but quite frankly the players only have themselves to blame when it comes to the general sentiment that exists around their 'greed' - clearly not getting any decent PR advice!

One thing I'd also add about the pitch and something CA should really be taking into consideration; is how much better the test matches are when the ball is actually doing something.
    Even though we lost to the Banga's, that was a cracking test and there have been a few others on the subcontinent just like it that have copped it a bit at the time but which I have personally found far more enjoyable.

I get they have a vested interest in their cash cow that is T20 and the BBL and thus may want to prepare wickets that are prime for teeing off on.....but surely they can work around this so that the traditional pinnacle of the sport is as enjoyable to watch as it can be.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:27 am

Australia and India should be at an advantage to the rest of the world when playing away because the size of our country and weather variations mean we should be able to have pitches around Australia that go close to what we can expect in other countries.

Brisbane and Perth should be bouncy (like SA). Adelaide should be a batter friendly pitch that cracks and turns due to the heat in the last couple of days (like some of the moderate subcontinent pitches). Sydney should spin (like SL), Hobart should be a seaming green top (England, NZ), and Melbourne can be whatever it wants if the rest of the pitches are like that. Instead the pitches are almost identical (at least for 4 days of test cricket) with a little bit of variation on day 5. Teach our cricketers to be solid on all conditions, and I'll back us to better when we go overseas.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 am

You could even throw Darwin into the mix and prepare one of those disgraceful Day 5 on Day 1 pitches India like to throw up every so often.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:07 pm

WTF is Usman Khawaja always the first bloke dropped. He is a quality bat.
    How does Hilton Cartwright bring more to the team??
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:10 pm

code delta wrote:WTF is Usman Khawaja always the first bloke dropped. He is a quality bat.
    How does Hilton Cartwright bring more to the team??

Last innings...

Someone needed to go.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:25 am

CPR is working.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 am

Cricket Australia says reports of alleged attempts of spot-fixing in the third Magellan Ashes Test and upcoming matches in the KFC Big Bash League are a "serious concern", reiterating its zero-tolerance approach to corruption.
    The International Cricket Council has reportedly launched an investigation after UK newspaper The Sun published purported evidence of bookmakers offering to sell details of rigged periods of play for betting purposes.
    "The allegations raised by media outlets are of serious concern. Cricket Australia takes a zero-tolerance approach against anybody trying to bring the game into disrepute," a CA spokesperson said.
    "Cricket Australia will co-operate fully with any ICC Anti-Corruption Unit investigation."
    The report in The Sun suggests video information on fixes are heard to be worth around $AUD 200,000.
    "Before match, I will tell you this over, this runs and then you have to put all the bets on that over," a man, who the newspaper claims is a bookmaker, says in purportedly undercover video footage.
    There is also mention of fixing "four to five" BBL matches.
    "We take all allegations of corruption seriously and welcome The Sun's offer to share this information," the ICC is quoted as saying in the report.
    All players who take part in CA competitions complete anti-corruption education.
    "Australian cricket has a long-standing, proactive approach to sports integrity management and Cricket Australia has a dedicated Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU) to prevent corruption within Australian domestic comptetitons, including the BBL," a CA spokesperson said.
    "In addition to this, all players participating in CA sanctioned competitions, including the BBL, are required to complete an anti-corruption education session before they can compete.
    "CA works closely with the ICC ACU on all international fixtures played in Australia.
    "Players are able to report any suspicions they have on a confidential basis and in the past there has been a strong Australian player culture to do so."
    The Sun's report alleges that bookmakers are working with a "fixer" involved in Australian cricket who "is said to work with former and current internationals including a World Cup-winning all-rounder".
    It suggests that corrupt players signal to bookmakers that a fix is on with subtle gestures such as changing their gloves.
    The report names former Indian state cricketer Sobers Joban, who played representative junior cricket for Delhi, as one of the alleged fixers.
    The England and Wales Cricket Board confirmed there's no suggestion any England players are involved.
    "The ECB work closely with the ICC and their Anti-Corruption unit to protect the integrity of the international game," an ECB spokesperson said..
    "We are aware of these allegations and there is no suggestion that any of the England team is involved in any way."
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:46 am

My money's on De Kock mentioned SBW. Which would be a fuckin good sledge without having to mention her.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:06 am

Warner comes across as a whiney little bitch who can give it but not take it, hopefully SBW was mentioned.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Art imitating life, life imitating life. I'm not sure what to call it, but I'll just leave this here. For the South Africans, you couldn't write a better script.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/sonny-bill-williams-checks-into-cape-town-hotel-where-david-and-candice-warner-are-staying/news-story/f632bd4abce67c119a0594064fc2bd88
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Wow.

I've loved watching Steve Smith but he and a heap of others need to go now.

Not just kents but cheating kents. That crosses my line.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:15 am

Huge for Aus cricket. Amazing. So disappointing.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:19 am

Dumb and dumber and dumberer and dumbererer. Evil or Very Mad
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:22 am

Sack 'em.
    Or 5 game suspension and drop the captaincy.

I'm waivering between those two options. dead set - tossers!!!

I can cop Afridi chomping on the ball, because it clearly was a brainsnap - and funny at that.

This is premeditated.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:20 pm

I love how Smith went down swinging taking everyone with him not just saying that He and he alone ordered Bancroft to do it
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I love how Smith went down swinging taking everyone with him not just saying that He and he alone ordered Bancroft to do it

This. Shit cunt. Put ya hand up and then shut up.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:06 pm

The attempted cover up afterwards (if I understand correctly how it all went down) was pretty bad too. Lehman got quite a bit to answer for too!

NZ news agencies having a field day on this aye. I think people have been waiting for something like this ever since the underarm Smile People can't stand Smith over here either.

With that asside, its a really sad day for cricket. I feel for Australia. My take on their attitude has always been to go fucken hard, but ALWAYS do it within the rules. This makes a mockery of that. And is a massive blight on the game in general.

I hope OZ makes a statement on this and at the very least strip Sith of the captaincy for good.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:16 pm